Yesterday (22nd July 2021), Biswajit Sarkar, Advocates- IP Attorneys successfully
concluded the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the renowned Neotia
University to create an IPR Cell within the University.
The proposed MOU will:
- Promote development in science and technological innovation. This will be an opportunity for Neotia University’s students to be at the forefront of technology as it evolves by applying the information given in their classrooms.
- Host visiting scholars and practitioners to support of student initiatives, including
- moot-court competitions and other extra-curricular activities.
- Take advantage of various educational resources available, develop scholarship, and influence ground-breaking research that will put IPR wheels further.
- Expand and deepen existing relationships with colleagues from other schools and universities in India and abroad to build new partnerships.
The development of this scheme will be interesting to see as it will change the landscape
of IPR in India. One of the expected responses to the MOU is an increased interest of students in IPR and sciences.
India is well-known for scientific innovations and is at the fore in scientific research in developing economies. Therefore, India benefits from this MOU by developing and encouraging new partnerships and investors who will invest in IPRs and sciences in India.